land of shadows
preface:
Why does everything happen? Why does the world spin? Why do we forget our pasts? Why does my head hurt? I dont know. I dont understand. Good night,
Fala st. crow
That was all Fala could think to write. She couldnt think of more interesting things for her blog and didnt really care at the moment. She had no new poetry or wise sayings she had heard somewhere. Usually she was witty and like to share. She did once everyday on most days. She had a blog and a website no one knew about(aka her mom) where she wrote. Today though she was blank. All she had was some random questions to really make people think deep. All she seemed to know was her head hurt. Alot. She loved reading but didnt feel like it. She didnt want to review the series she had finished or just started. She really didnt want to do her advanced physics homework. She did not want to talk to her friends or boyfriend(s). She didnt have any useful advise. She glanced dreadfully at her clock. 11:30. she vaguelly remembered her mother calling goodnight a few hours ago. She sat staring at her posters. They were her inspiration. She was alone. Again. LIke always. They lived in apartment just outside of a small town in Georgia. She lived with her mother who was a anthropoligist. She always said goodnight and left. She went night classes. Fala stared at her red walls- well wall- that had took weeks of begging for her mom to cave to. It was one wall and the rest were a dark gray. Dark but home like. Warm black and white pictures hung on the large walls. Fala had taken them. She had took them in New York before they moved here. Her favorite was of her friend Liza. She stood in a long gray and black coat with black gloves, hat, and scarf. Her black hair tumbled down her back, her warm face alight with bright happy innocent joy of fala's company, and also of the snow falling in heaps around her. Looking at her happiness before they went to the Met made Fala sad now. Then she relised she was crying. Hard. She swiped at the hot angry water with the sleeve of her lime green and gray sweater. Her phone rang shrilly. It was katerina. katerina was the school's most stuck up popular girl. She was opposite of Fala yet she loved her. Everyone loved Fala. katerina stood proudly for her pale ash blond hair spiraling to the middle of her back. Size four hips usually in short shorts and low rise tee. Stylish heels, chunky no shorter than 4 inches. Yep, that was katerina. She ignored the call. Fala now on the other hand she was size 3 with black hair that had the slightest blue lowlights that barely showed in sunlight. Always in skinny jeans and tees declaring her dark humor and obsession with vampires. Make up always dark drawing more attention to her already dark gray-blue eyes. She was a suprise to everyone, everywhere. She fit in with the goths and band students. She knew her away around jocks and misunderstood. She was the smartest girl and read so much the librarian looked stupid. She could express any emotion on the spot. Everyone loved her but she never really fit in. Friends were temporary and fake. Today had been a month they lived here. She had preformed prefection. She switched cliques everyday befriending everyone. Her blog was infamous and she had three, count them, three boyfriends. There was damien the average all american boy, Nick the jock, and Kristoferson the goth possibly emo. She loved them all; no she used parts of them. Her grades were perfect in every class. Now as her clock chimed midnight Fala had never been so tired. She turned off the blasting music and crawled into bed. The black and red Russian writing on the blanket shimmering. Instantly asleep she began to dream.
Chapter 1:
I was walking down the side of the mall parking lot when i dropped my phone. In a flash before its cherry serface hit the ground a hand caught it. Looking up to say thank you i lost all the air in my lungs. This boy was perfect. He was so hot i felt like swooning. His skin was the perfect color- not deathly pale but not golden. He had gleaming white teeth and messy shocks of blond highlighted hair. His eyes were heavy lashed polar ice blue with smoky glents. He wore a basic black tee shirt with a complex design over designer washed jeans. He had on snow white shoes. He smiled and i melted, then he spoke. "Im Michael," he laughed. I was shocked at his voice. It held happiness,love, and joy, but also lonelyness, hurtfulness, and confusion. I couldnt help but think if i I drew him he would have wings. Everything stopped when i looked down. I had on a very short, tight red dress with see through red rose tights and red leather boots that laced over my knees. A small movement let me know my hair was up in a extreme pony tail showing off my high ckeek bones. The tall heels on my boots added with my already tall hight still left me shorter than michael. With his gaurded eyes staring at my every step i couldnt move. His next words killed his control over me. "We have met before, do you remember? Its been hard without you. It was a very long time ago. Oh, how i have missed you Fala. To see you alive again..." He looked at me sadly. I was so shocked it took me awhile to think through any of it. When i looked back up he was no longer there. He had disappeared. I closed my eyes. At this time i had no clue that this would be my first encounter with my deadly past, that i had opened doors best left closed. This was my first time meeting the Archangel Michael in this life.
I awoke with a start, my phone ringing loudly beside me. I smiled to myself thinking of my dream. It had been perfect besides the clothes. I stood with a yawn, i hated mornings. As i looked out my big bay window my eyes widened. A snow white owl was purched on a tree branch. Its eyes were the exact color Michael's had been. I was still too tired to elaborate on the birds eyes. Stumbling out of my room and into the bathroom. Some time later and a very hot shower i was awake and lining my eyes with a smoky color. I was a little late but after grabbing a fruit bar and running out the door i was ok. Alomst. I called a shallow good bye to my mother and shut the door. Did i really know michael? It was starting to feel like i did.
All day his features were there mocking me. I had even thought about walking into Trig and "accidently" falling asleep to see him again. Unfortunetly i didnt make it to the door. "you just love darkness and think you so tough! why, do you even know people laugh at you?! Your a freak!!" It was katerina. Before i knew it i was standing before her, and a good four inches taller. For some reason-Michael-i knew i looked like a avenging angel. My black hair blowing behind me, my blue eyes blazing. katerina didnt even notice. "You're a ugly litle bi..." I wirled katerina around and by the look on her face i must have been scary. I didnt wait to hear what she whimpered. My fist smashed into her face with a sick crunch. Bloodily she fell to the floor. I turned to the goth girl Katerina had been abusing. It was Helena, Kris's friend. Kate woke up after some guys had poured water on her, twice. I glared at her. With a sigh i looked at my hand. It hurt now. Just then the principal rounded the corner. "Office now!" she commanded in her military voice. Kate rose slowly stumbling while i stalked. Mother was going to kill me.
Two hours later i was sitting on my bed. Mother hadnt said much just glared at me. She had been really mad at first but calmed down when she heard all of it. Now i was restless and suspended for three days. Mom had dropped me off saying only; "you did the right thing, i see that now." I layed down. Once again i fell asleep quickly and began to dream. It was magic. And that wasnt the best part either. Michael was there. He smiled laughing softly." Hey," i called lightly. " hello to you, too." he said grinning wider. " you disappeared last time." i accused remembering. I also remembered my clohes and looked down. I wore a white dress to my knees. He wore much of what he wore last time. His hair was lighter. He grimmaced at what i said. " yeah, well being a ang- i had a job to do." Suddenly this angelic creature was infront of me holding my hands. He was so warm and i was so cold standing bare foot in the fall forest. He looked like I mesmorised him. I couldnt breath. He chuckled.Bending to where his mouth was right above my ear he pulled me closer and sighed. i rested my head against his chest hearing his heavy heart beat. Then i saw what i was doing. drawing back fast i said " i dont know you! You dont know me!" even as i said it i felt like i was lying. "Our soul knows each other." he said sadly almost disappointed. I woke up.
Chapter 2:
No comments:
Post a Comment